Visitors to AstroFest simulate the varied periods of Venus and Earth in orbit.
There are a lot of transit of Venus attractions launching imminently. Please share the goodness.
- Transit of Venus (TROVE) Adventure is a family treasure hunt in Michiana. Find ten clues across Michiana and receive protective solar shades for the family. This has been well organized by Riverbend Community Math Center staff and volunteers, and brings several local institutions and businesses into the transit of Venus experience.
- Transit of Venus in Pastel, an art exhibit at Harris Branch Library, with artists reception May 2, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Historical artifacts on display at Harris Branch Library starting May 1.
- PHM Transit of Venus Art Contest throughout May at Penn Kingsmen Art Gallery.
- TROVE Art Exhibit at The Livery microbrewery in Benton Harbor, MI, with concurrent debut of Venusian Ale
- And lots more. For local events see www.transitofvenus.org/trove.
Visitors to Union Station in South Bend learn about the transit of Venus at AstroFest
One way to take it all in on June 5 is the exclusive Transit of Venus Tour by motor coach. Get reservations now while space is still available. Meanwhile, businesses are supporting the mood with food and beverages–at Victorian Pantry in Granger, Pizza Transit in Niles, Thyme of Grace in South Bend, and The Livery in Benton Harbor.
You don’t want to miss any more of the great happenings in our community. Some of the best transit of Venus outreach I’ve seen yet occurred this past weekend at two AstroFest events held at Kennedy Primary Academy and at Union Station in South Bend. Thanks to the dedicated staff at Riverbend Community Math Center for their inventive lessons, led by Peggy Jones. More families need that kind of experience to get the most value out of the June 5 spectacle.
Thanks to all who are putting in the labor to prepare our community and to give our regional audience an opportunity to participate a global sensation.
Be the first to like.